Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hey there TT

Leave a comment:

• Royeston
    replied
    TN Trash, I just got a Weber Grill, like you, several months ago and found Amazing Ribs while looking for ideas about how to use it to its maximum capability.

Read up on the Smokenator! Really helps for low and slow cooking on the Weber.

Meathead recommends your first low and slow cook should be a pork butt. I cooked an 8Lb pork butt for 9.5 hrs without a crutch and it was fantastic!

Keep us posted! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1049.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	4743 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1056.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	4745

Leave a comment:

• Tennessee Trash
    replied
    I haven't done any pork yet. I was born and raised in the Houston area until I was 14. I'm going to have to go against my natural prejudices and have pork barbecue. I'm tempted to start with a brisket and eat my mistakes. I've got a Maverick 732 and a thermopop. I saw both of them on this site. The Maverick has been indispensible for monitoring grill temperature and keeping an eye on the internal temperature of some larger meats.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Weber kettle as a gift. Gotta love that. Welcome and thanks for the support.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome Trash! Please check out my Welcome letter and tips post on how to create your sig. We love stories like yours. Have you tried a pork shoulder yet? What thermometers and accessories do you have? (These are great things to put in your sig=)

Leave a comment:

• Tennessee Trash
    started a topic New from Tennessee

New from Tennessee

Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I got a 22.5" Weber kettle grill for the Fourth and just made some hot dogs and burgers. I stumbled on this site trying to find the best way to light charcoal and realized I could do so much more with the grill. So far I've tried to grill at least twice a week and try something new each week. I'm hoping to work my way up to doing a brisket for Christmas. I was more than happy to support the site for the cost of a cookbook. I've gotten a ton of usage out of it already. Keep up the good work guys.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here