Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much Meat to cook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much Meat to cook?

My Son is turning 21 and there will between 75 to 100 people. My son is Nonverbal Autistic and there will be Family and Friends that have help him and us thru the years, so this party is more for them. As my Son could care less.
    I have a Traeger that I was going to smoke 2 Briskets(appr 17lbs each) and once they are in the cooler, I will Spatchcock 8 chickens in the Traeger. Plus 8 racks of ribs in the Pit Barrel Cooker and 6 tritips on a Santa Maria Grill. Am I missing anything or any recommendations...

I don’t know how that translates into pounds, but depending upon age and sex of your guests 1/3 - 1/2 pound of meat per person should be safe.

Comment

That should definitely be enough for 75-100 with sides. Figure 8 chickens would feed 32, 8 racks of ribs at 1/3 of rack is 24 people, 34 pounds of brisket even with shrinkage is good for 40-50, and the then the tri tips. Sounds like quite a cook which will leave you lots of leftovers. Photos would be great. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you.. Will do

Comment

I think LA Pork Butt is right on, figure about 4-5 ounces of meat per person then count on sides. Sides should consist of lots of carbohydrates, they are more filling and round out the meal. Just a word of caution, start that cook early. If you were cooking one type of meat on one large smoker it would be one thing, that many different types on three cookers is challenging !! Best of luck, I know this means a lot to you and your family. Let us see some resulting pix !!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here