Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Thanks for your service Rick! Looking forward to hanging with you!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome Rick! Kick back and relax for a while

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Another COS'er....welcome. I converted my Charbroil offset to gas, amongst many other things.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Excellent! Welcome aboard rickmoorect!

Leave a comment:

• rickmoorect
    started a topic Hello from Connecticut

Hello from Connecticut

I don't know how to put this other than to say that good que is few and far between up here, so I had to figure out how to do it myself.
    I am originally from southern California, and grew up on good mesquite fired cooking, whether in the backyard with my dad's trusty old weber, or over an open pit while camping on vacations. After spending 20 years in the US Navy, I ended up in CT. I own a COS (Char-Griller duo 50/50 with offset firebox) and found this site at the recommendation of a co-worker. I was mostly looking for tips and tricks to get the most out of what I have, plus what to plan for in my next purchase. With the advice and opinions offered here, I plan on learning to use the tools I have before I go out and spend well on better tools.

I look forward to learning something new on every visit, and haven't been let down yet !!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here