Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Wyoming and question about single burner gas grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to The Pit wu7y . I hope you can learn with the rest of us.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Skip. JCGrill, Good Morning❓ Fellers are You Up for All Day❓ I Could Have Rung the Bell Earlier for You❓❓ 🤗😇🤗 , Dan

Welcome to the PIT!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I don't know that cooker specifically, but have a bit of knowledge on gas burners in general as I work in the Natural Gas industry. My news is not good on using half a single burner. I don't see any practical way to do it. The amount of gas fed to the burner is regulated by the size of the burner's orifice and the pressure of the gas behind the orifice. (These are the two factors that make up the BTU rating of the burner, propane or natural gas.) The ports in the burner are designed for that amount of gas input. If you close off half the burner ports you will get a lot more gas and flame coming out of the remaining burner ports. I suppose that could be throttled down at the valve, or you could reduce the size of the orifice to compensate. All said, I believe the best solution to a two zone set-up is to have at least two burners. That could be a good thing. Time to upgrade!

Comment

• wu7y
          wu7y commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for taking the time to help out. I appreciate your trouble.

• jfarley
          jfarley commented
          Editing a comment
          You are more than welcome. I love talking about this stuff.

jfarley, you are another reason that makes this site Amazing. Cool.

Comment

Welcome from Texas. Good advice above, don’t risk potential issues with gas. Hope you figure out a way to achieve your results.

Comment

How bout get two of them, one on low and one on high......no? ok, I tried! That’s all I got.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here