Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Great NW-Seattle KBQ-C60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Great NW-Seattle KBQ-C60

Hello everyone. I feel privileged, and am happy to be part of this great community of BBW enthusiasts! I look forward to learning all your tips and secrets, and sharing what I have learned in a couple decades of smoking meats with you. I bought a KBQ-C60 four months ago, and have used it every weekend so far (yes, I know it is winter). I had been using Maple up to now, but recently got a nice load of Oak! Boy does it work good in the KBQ! (If you are in the Seattle area, send me a message and I will be happy to tell you were to get it. They just got a load in. Kiln dried, from Oregon). The meats coming from this BBQ are astonishingly good (I unfortunately, over-salted the best brisket I have ever made, last night. I used a simple black rub. Salt and pepper. Looks like we are having Brisket French dips for dinner tonight​)! I also have a NB Black Diamond, Cookshack Smokette, and a Weber Genesis E-330 gas grill (looks like I will need to get those GrillGrates for the Weber). They all have their strengths, and I use them all. I am very interested in participating in the KBQ forums. I am learning something new about it every time I use it. I am seeing lots of great information on this site, and everyone seems so nice. Looks like I'm about to get a lot of new friends! Summers comin, (not that we need it to BBQ) so lets fire it up!!!

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up! We have a great group of KBQ owners. Check out this thread for some killer KBQ action.

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
      • Check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
      • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the information, Spinaker. I will check it out.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        You bet. Make sure to check out that KBQ thread, tons of great stuff. darcon7

Welcome

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Pirate. Glad to be here.
        Last edited by darcon7; February 12, 2018, 09:36 PM.

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Nate.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, RonB

Well, first things first, according to the AR rule book, section 8, par 4, item 403, pics are required of at least primary cooker & preferably all cookers & first cook or "it didn’t happen" & you don’t have em. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha, FireMan. The pics are coming

Whoa!! Mack daddy avatar pic/gif!!

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, my friend. Amazing what you can find on the internet by Googling BBQ gifs, LOL.

Welcome to the Pit! I am expecting to be in your area in April.
      Last edited by LA Pork Butt; February 13, 2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, LA P.B. I hope you have a great time while your here. If you have never been here before let me know if you need any local insights on the area, and where to go for good BBQ in the area. One of my favorites is a Louisiana style BBQ (Home of Good BBQ) and New Orleans is one of our favorite cities in the world. I'll be glad to give you the Seattle BBQ scoop!

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        darcon7 thanks for the offer. I’ll PM you when we get closer to the date.

Welcome darcon7

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, DW

Welcome fellow KBQ’er from the not too snow covered mountains of N. Utah.
      I too don’t need summer to cook with some fire. 🔥

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you, hogdog6. Snow don't stick to a working KBQ!!

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, my friend.

Hello and welcome!

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Panzer61

Welcome from Snoqualmie I don't have a kbq but do use a stick burner I'll be checking out blw

Comment

• darcon7
        darcon7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, bardsleyque. If you are using a stick burner, I very highly recommend the Oak. I will be going there again this weekend to get more to stock up for summer because of the excellent results I am getting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170218_165638.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	453924 Welcome to the pit. See "KBQ ~ has landed" and "KBQ Tradition".

Comment

• hogdog6
        hogdog6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Look at that shiny new KBQ. 🔥

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here