Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jordan, here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan, here.

Hi, all. I'm Jordan in Studio City, CA. My old friends call me Jordy. You can call me either one. But don't spell Jordy with an "i" or an "ie" on the end. Gawd, I hate that.
    I've been doing ok with a Weber Performer and a Smokenator for several years, but I just got a Pit Barrel Cooker for Christmas, and I'm excited to break it in tomorrow night. I'm pretty good at ribs and pork butt, and now that I've got the PBC, I look forward to getting good at brisket. I'd also like to get into some more slightly esoteric stuff, pheasant, capon, stuff like that.
    Other than the eating, one of the things I like a lot about the barbecue community is that, in my experience so far, people who I'm sure come from different places, backgrounds, and beliefs mostly treat each other with civility and respect. I mean, sure, the world will always have dopes who can't wait to grind whatever axe they carry around with them, but the pit, virtual or otherwise, seems like a generally friendly place. Here's hoping that spirit spreads like smoke off a pork butt.

Welcome aboard Jordan

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!

Brisket does wonders in the PBC. As does pork butt, ribs, pretty much whatever you hang in that sucker.

Comment

Welcome Jordy! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Greeting Mr. Mott

Comment

• jmott7
            jmott7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hiya Jon. You're a Michigan guy, too, no?

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            I am a Michigan man. You hail from these parts originally ?

• jmott7
            jmott7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Downriver. 30 years ago. You?

Welcome J. Yeah, at least around here there's nothing but civility and respect.

Comment

Welcome Jordan! I appreciate your comments toward the end of your post. We do have a good bunch here and we intend to keep it that way. Welcome aboard!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

• jmott7
              jmott7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Will do, Huskee. And thanks.
              Where in Michigan are you? I left Downriver years ago, but there's still rust in my blood.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              The center of the state, or middle knuckle if you use your hand. I live in a small village called Farwell, about 7 miles west of a slightly bigger small town called Clare. Have you heard of Jay's Sporting Goods and/or Cops & Doughnuts? Those are what make Clare famous to other Michiganians.

• jmott7
              jmott7 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've heard of Clare, but it's been a long time, so I've lost track of the cops and their pastries. I still try to work in a Coney Dog when I'm back.

Welcome aboard, Jordy! Your comments, in my experience, are spot on. There are a lot of really talented folks here who gladly help those like me! Sure nice to see! Good luck with your new toy, errr, ummmm, tool!

Comment

Welcome, only arguments here are usually "What is the best smoker, and why is it the PBC?" If you haven't cooked on the PBC yet check out the sticky's on that sub, it may save you some headaches.

Comment

Welcome Jordy, fellow PBCer here. See that Jon, we're taking over!!

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear ya. (rust and time is our only hope) hehehehehe

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here