Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David (fuzzydaddy) Polston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nostalgic post fuzzydaddy ... This is pretty cool to see.👍

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great word choice, nostalgic!

It's amazing how much better my butts were after a couple of cooks when I learned my BGE and how to (and not to) smoke the butts. I believe I've smoked just under 40 to-date.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      👍 I bet you're now getting much better bark than the picture above too.

Here's some recent bark Breadhead

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5421.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	181281

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Now you're talking BGE bark, it looks like a meteorite fuzzydaddy 😜 Look at that bad boy splitting. Nice Cook!!! That's a huge improvement over the picture above.
      Last edited by Breadhead; June 15, 2016, 10:15 AM.

If you have a heat deflector you can do reverse sear all on your egg . Start off low and slow pull at 115 or so pull deflector and open vents wide open and finish off . A little bit of a process but it works excellent

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Azbill ... Just curious... Why do you think you need a heat deflector to do a reverse sear on a BGE?
      Last edited by Breadhead; July 20, 2016, 10:48 AM.

I don't just cook at felt level to about 110 pull steaks and cover drop grate down open vents wide open get egg nice and hot and sear on both sides I pull mine about 120

Comment

Not sure why I said use heat deflector

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been doing the reverse sear on my large BGE without a heat deflector for years. When you starve your lump to maintain a 225° baking temp with the dome closed there is NO flames, just smoldering lump. Your meat will not brown, let alone burn. Try it... No deflector makes that cook easier.

No problem Azbill. Here's a thread in the Kamado section on reverse searing on a Kamado.

Comment

Hey David, I also live in Murfreesboro TN and I am from Dearborn Michigan...... We should fire up the grill and have a beer

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome that you are in the same town and that would be great. However I just sold my house this week and everything is being packed up for moving to Florida next week. Dadgummit!

I removed "from the 'Boro" from the title because I have sold my house and all my gear goes to Florida next week. Here's photos of my work today in progress. The BGE was heavy but I've done everything so far by myself. There will be more padding and the mover is someone we've known for many years.

Name:	IMG_0186.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	230164

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	230165

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember that "work in progress" from a couple of years ago!

Do not envy you. I said when I retired and moved to my current home, it would be the last!😁

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the 2nd time that my last home wasn't my last home, and I won't be in Florida for 2-4 weeks to join my BGE and 26" Kettle. But is all all good!

Welcome!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here