Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy From East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the welcome gents! The burgers tasted OK but weren't juicy as they should be. I didn't pack them enough and 2 of them crumbled. My kids loved them. I didn't. Next time maybe add some bacon and pack more. Salt was needed as well. I'm my worst critic and Ill consider this a fail! Good starting point though. This site is quite an inspiration.
    I WILL return with a better product next time!

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      make sure your using 80/20, or even better 70/30

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      I would recommend at fattier cut like brisket or Chuck.. I would also coarse grind then grind through a fine plate to dispurse the fat more evenly. In my opinion it fell apart because it was to lean..just my 2 cents .and the saying around this place is "if ya don't post pics it didn't happen". . welcome from Minnesota,. Looking forward to you future posts
      Last edited by Backroadmeats; October 16, 2019, 07:24 PM.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome from Chico - that is typical here. We are all our own worst critics. If the kids loved them, you did really well. They are the real burger critics.

Welcome from Winnipeg. Even the fails can be great, especially to the ones that didn't cook.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some great information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
      • Check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
      • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
      Thank you for your support. We are excited to have and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your burger grind!!

Perhaps it's your grind and formation. Short is good. Skirt is good but I don't think for burgers, in my opinion. Trying using Flap if you must.

For texture Skirt, for unctuous ( short) , I get your thought process. For a large loose grind you need something like a chuck or brisket to hold up and provide beefy flavor.

Also be sure you have enough fat. Skirt is tasty because of the beefy flavor, not necessary intramuscular fat.
        I think your grind may have been to lean and texture to lose and not cohesive.

all of this from a single introduction post. See there. We are helping you out and saving you money already all for one low price.

You sir! Are very welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the pit WFO from west Louisiana. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Howdy from the Galveston area brother!

Comment

Welcome from Snoqualmie Wa.hmmmm,W.F.O.thats "wood fired only" right?

Comment

Welcome from a former East Texan (and middle TX) now living in East WA.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Don't fret the fails! Let's see some pics!

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, MD! Glad you joined us.

Comment

Welcome from the Great Lakes Mitten State!

Comment

Hey, I'm going to be hanging out in the Tyler-Longview-Marshal area for a week. Recommendations for great Texas BBQ?

Comment

Welcome from California!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here