Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Glad to have ya here now, make yerself to home...

Comment

Welcome from Snoqualmie Wa.

Comment

OK so as per request here is a picture of the said pork, cold out of the fridge. Any comment or advice to improve it would be much appreciated. It might be a Brit thing, but I prefer my "pulled" pork not pulled as I like to slice off 1" thick pieces instead so hence the still solid piece! Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3872.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.47 MB ID:	447391Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3871.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	447392
        Last edited by rat_rabs; January 30, 2018, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks like the upper shoulder (Butt) rather than the Picnic which typically has a long bone with a ball on the end. The Picnic is the,lower part of,the front leg.

• PJBowmaster
          PJBowmaster commented
          Editing a comment
          I find that pork butt slices nice at 180 degrees f. I think that's about 83 to 85 C. Same with Chuck Roast.

Welcome aboard! That's some nice looking bark.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Nice pork butt!

Comment

Welcome from Aberdeenshire - enjoy the forum great bunch of folks, tons of experience - sounds like you have a lot of experience yourself but I bet you they can even teach old dogs some tricks! Agree with the Briquettes comment, they are not easy to get hold of in UK (at least those that are food safe - no chemical binding agents etc) so I use lumpwood pretty much 100%. My issue with lump wood is that the irregular size can screw with your temp stability.

However waiting for my GMG Jim Bowie smoker to arrive this week and join my small family of smokers, really looking forward to seeing how it works with pellets, so bye bye charcoal for that one anyway!

P.S. All hail the Maverick temp probe! It was bought after the recommendation on the forum (great product review section BTW) and it has helped my smoking so much, especilly for the longer cooks.

Comment

• rat_rabs
              rat_rabs commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can. I tend to use the restaurant lump wood charcoal from Booker. I notice you have a ProQ smoker. I have one of their cold smoke generators that I use on the Weber for cheese, salmon etc. Was thinking of that before going SnS, be interested to hear your thoughts on it. Don't know of the GMG of its benefits.

Welcome to The Pit!!! COYG!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here