Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined, thanks for all of the great info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined, thanks for all of the great info

Jeff here in San Jose, CA. Used to have a used offset smoker and two things bugged me about it. 1) My kids were just the right height (and age) to get burned by it and 2) it was just too hard to control the temperature so I was typically disappointed after a half day of work.

Just bought a small propane smoker to get back into the game (I checked the reviews here so I knew what I was getting into ). My goal is to get good at the staples of ribs, pork butt and brisket and maybe one day offer some good advice to someone else.

Thanks all,
    Jeff

Welcome aboard Jeff

Comment

Welcome Jeff! Thanks for your support here. Stickburners are not friendly to small kids anymore than a wood stove is, that's for sure. Hopefully we can be of assistance to you as you master that new smoker and rekindle your hobby. Following Meatheads recipes to a T is the first step to success. If you need smoker help or other advice just holler!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Hi Jeff welcome to the Pit

Comment

Hi Jeff, and welcome to our pit. You will find a lot of really nice folks here. Have fun and enjoy...

Comment

Jeff you have advice for us right now. Thats why you're here. Welcome. I look forward to seeing you cooks and such.

Comment

Welcome Jeff. I started on a propane smoker - the GOSM - and you can put out some great 'Cue with it.

Comment

Welcome Jeff. Make sure you post some pics of your cooks.

DEW

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here