Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I’m Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I’m Chris

I can’t believe that I joined this great site 3 years ago, and this is the first time I have gotten into the forum. Just way too freaking busy, I guess. I will try to get more involved. Born and raised in Southern California. I've been an avid amateur chef since I was 18. I was drafted into the Army when I was 20 and somewhat providentially was sent to cook's school, where I learned to cook for 200-300 people at a time and in particular, learned good knife skills. My love for culinary arts have continued since then. I've been married since 1977 and helped raise two beautiful girls, both of whom have picked up my love for food. Getting into BBQ was a natural for me. I started with a cylinder smoker with the water pan. I did some good stuff in that, but it wasn’t big enough for me and I quickly graduated to a Braunfels smoker with the side fire box. I did my first briskets in this and was successful on my first try (I was sweating bullets on that one because I was feeding 75 people the next day...I smoked four whole pork butts the day before, got them out wrapped them and put them in a cooler and then started two briskets at about midnight. I got up every two hours during the night to assure my temperature and smoke was still right. It was a great experience and somewhat exhausting). A couple years ago, my lovely wife surprised me with a beautiful Big Green Egg XL and I have been loving it for everything from grilling, smoking and roasting.

Belated welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome ChrisLovesHisBigGreenEgg

Comment

Another one, what is it with you guys? You join, then after a few years, hello! I think it’s going to be fantastic to see what you’ve been up to. Looking forward toward some serious input. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Glad to finally hear from ya'!
          Lookin forward to learnin, along with ya!
          Hopefully, ya got some pics from th last few years, ya might could share with us???

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Chris.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Any chance you could shorten your username? It's longer than my password requirements at work. 😀 it's all good. I'll get used to it ChrisLovesHisBigGreenEgg .

Looking forward to some knife tips. I am always wondering how to upgrade my cooking knifes. Thank you for your service!

Comment

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome aboard @Chriszdzsuditdzr or something like that. It’s great to have you here. But that is a loooong user name. 😁

Welcome ChrisLovesHisBigGreenEgg from Minnesota. We are glad to have you aboard.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Happy that you popped in to say hi, and even happier that you've supported us all this time!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at [email protected].
                2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. A ceramic cooker is definitely on my wish list.

Comment

Wow, you got married when I was 8yrs old. I digress, in 1977 we were city champions in flag football (I was 8) and I won the football and softball throw for my age group in the county for Punt, pass and kick program. I digress again.

Huntington Beach welcomes you to The Pit!! Where in SoCal are you from??

Comment

Greetings from Colorado, Chris!

Comment

Nice story, welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome From Clay, Ny

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here