Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LA Pork Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA Pork Butt

I received a membership to the Pitmaster Club from my daughter this Christmas 2014. I live in south Louisiana and have been barbecuing on and off for the past 40 years. I owned an original crockery Kamodo from Japan for over 20 years but it finally wore out. About four years ago I invested in the Big Green Egg. I love it! I am fascinated by the variations in regional barbecue, especially the variations in barbecue sauces. I'm comfortable with cooking low and slow on my Big GreenEegg, but I'm still trying to master grilling on the big green egg. It's more challenging then low and slow, but I'm getting better with each cook. I like to grill multiple foods like meats and vegetables, so timinging them to finish at the same time is a challenge. I don't do much beef - mostly pork, chicken, seafood and vegetables. I am planning to build a table for my Big Green Egg in 2015, so I am very interested in tips on what to include when planning to build one. Guidance and advice are welcomed.

Welcome LAPB! Having lived in both, wasn't sure from the title whether you were going to be from LA or L.A. I lived in N'Awlins for a few years and my Dad lived out in LaPlace. We've got some Eggers and the like around here that will definitely help you with your challenges.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to learning new things.

Comment

A warm welcome from Houston(Alaska). There is quite the brain trust here. However, unlike many other sites, there is a friendly vibe with civility at all times, giving a person a chance to progress where and how they want to. Enjoy.

Comment

Welcome LA PB! We're glad you're here. You've got a very good daughter (or maybe she just likes your barbecue)

Comment

Welcome!!

I'm from Gueydan. Been in east Texas since 2001. Hadn't been home in a couple years. May make it to Basil for the 4th.

Comment

I lived in Liberty, TX for seven years and my neighbors Robert and Louise Christ were from Basil.

Comment

My aunt lives in Basile. Technically Duralde, the suburb of Basil.

Comment

Welcome LAPB

Comment

Welcome aboard LAPB

Comment

Welcome, I need to do some more work on grilling too, especially veggies.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit LA Pork Butt , I live in Sulphur, near Lake Charles in the SW corner of the state.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here