Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-60 Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C-60 Comments

Hello everyone,

I am writing to you from the BBQ deficient area of Massachusetts. I tasted great BBQ around the country but I just could not find anything more than "maybe decent" around where I live -- so I decided to start cooking it myself.

I just ordered a C-60. I bought it after reading the comments on the C-60 smoker on this website.

Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere that awesome thread about the C-60 smoker which convinced me to buy that smoker. That thread had everything: pluses and minuses of the C-60, how to correct some things, tips about getting great BBQ on the C-60 and a lot more.

Can anyone help me to find that C-60 discussion thread somewhere in the forums? If I try to click on the "Comments" section of the C-60 review (which is where I found those comments initially) it shows "zero comments" which is not what I saw a few weeks ago.

Thank you,
    Flaviu

Possibly one of these brother?

We tested and reviewed The Karubecue C-60 and found it produces perfect smoke consistently. The results are ambrosia. Those who seek the Holy Grail of Smoke need to know about Karubecue. This brilliant design enables novice BBQ enthusiasts to smoke meat like a wizened Texas pit boss, earning our AmazingRibs.com Platinum Medal.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks about right to me! Where in MA are you?

Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome FI_Smoking

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th' Pit!
        Glad yer here with us now...

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the KBQ family.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Eat food & have fun!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Ionnie Mac and EdF: The first comment thread I can access -- and it's mouth watering good! The second link takes me to the review section for the KBQ but it shows me "0 Comments." That second link was where I was able to see over a hundred comments which eventually convinced me to buy the KBQ, but there are no comments there now.

I'm sure I will find enough information in the PIT; but there were several comments there about by someone named Dave (I think) who gave details about how he gets heavenly brisket with the KBQ; about how he modified the lid of the KBQ to get better BBQ and even some detailed analysis of Aaron Franklin's brisket YouTube video to "steal" some of Franklin's secrets.

I'm wondering if those comments were deleted by mistake or if they were relocated.

Oh, and I can get easily to the "Butcher Boy" shop in North Andover, MA (they have excellent products for steak and I'm sure they have decent stuff for BBQ). But if anyone here has tips for good butcher shops for quality BBQ feel free to let me know.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool. I lived in Ipswich from 2002-2014. Kind of wish I still did.

You're right - the comments below the review are gone! Husky !

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  EdF Who's Husky??

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry Man!

Hi ComfortablyNumb,

Yes, your link works! That's the discussion that I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

EdF, Ipswich is great in the summer -- still no South-league BBQ there though.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's because I moved. ;-)

Have you tried American BBQ up in Rowley http://tabbq.com/? Not bad, but probably not quite what you're reaching for. Lot of good sides though. And they have Texas sausages. They're also in the Cummings Center in Beverly. Then there's these guys in Peabody on the strip: http://tennesseesbbq.com/

Both places are pretty good and worth a stop in.
                  Last edited by EdF; January 15, 2018, 03:49 PM.

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  by Texas sausage, are you referring to the infamous "hotgut"?

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely!

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Comment

"Have you tried American BBQ up in Rowley http://tabbq.com/? Not bad, but probably not quite what you're reaching for."

I did try them and I liked them on my first try. But then the next time I drove a lot to get to them and it was just not the same.

It's hard to drive 40+ minutes for inconsistent results. I'll give the Tennessees BBQ guys another try too -- I think I tried them once.

The best BBQ I've had in the North East was in New York. The burnt ends at "John Brown Smokehouse" were consistently mouth-watering.

In other news, my KBQ is arriving next Thursday and I have guests on Saturday! I have to stock up on wood and find good BBQ cuts fast. I'll post some updates in The Pit.

Comment

Looking forward to your posts. If you will also post them on the KBQ has landed thread started by Ernest it is where most of us KBQers hang out.

Comment

Welcome from Bavaria, Germany

Comment

Originally posted by ComfortablyNumb
                        Welcome to the Pit from NE Washington state. Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun. If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like. For jokes, go to this thread. Happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Now as to your question, before I purchased my 'C-60', which is referred to as a 'KBQ' by most users, there were two review pages, one with a few comments, and one with a plethora of comments. I bookmarked the latter, but pulling it up showed no comments. I logged into my Disqus account, found my comments, and clicked onto the thread. I got the same review page, however no comments. I did find the comments here, however I don't know if you have to be logged into Disqus to see them. https://disqus.com/home/discussion/a...ent-3339290075
                        We do not control Disqus. The comments are stored for each page based on the URL of the article. When we migrated to the new server many of URLs changed. We have recovered most of the comments by adding a 301 redirect to the article. We are looking at the handful of items that didn't make the migration and will be fixing them soon. Stay tuned

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here