Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day from Melbourne, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day from Melbourne, Australia

Australia is an ancient land, and I am part of the ancient bit. I have been using my original Weber since 1978. I received the Weber from my mother in law who thought it was to fiddly to bother using it. This and a Lasagne dish was all I have to remember her by. Any way I ave given the old girl (Weber,not mother in law) a referb on a couple of occasions and it's still going strong. I LOVE to BBQ in all weathers, however I have just begun to experience "the science of BBQing" and get very excited trying new ways and ingredients that abound on this forum. Thank you all very much for your input it keeps the taste buds drooling. One comment, why not have separate areas for the different countries represented in the Forum. It would help us to communicate with like minded, in this case Australian, members.

Jim

Welcome to The Pit Jim. If you go to your profile, you can edit to add your location. That way people will know where you are from. You can find fellow Aussies that way - if they have listed that info.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Jim! Back when I was with BHP, I considered Melbourne my second home ... really miss the place. Always stayed at the Rockman's (back when it was still the Rockman's).

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, Jim.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, mate.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th' Pit!
                Glad yer here to learn along with me!

Comment

Welcome aboard Jim. Do your taste buds drool? Does anybody’s? I dunno. Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! Glad to have you in the pit!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Greetings and welcome.

Comment

Nice to see another Melbourne boy here, back in 1978 I was still using a steel plate over a log fire for a "barbie" on a Satd'y arvo.

Comment

Welcome from Snoqualmie Wa. (U.S.A.)

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jrgordon2! Happy to have you here with us, always great to make new friends from distant lands. The beauty of The Pit here is that everyone from any place on earth can be equals, friends, and share the joy of outdoor (and even indoor) cooking with one another. We're all like-minded here, we leave our differences at the door, that's what makes this place special!

As RonB stated, you can edit your profile to include your location, with is then visible under your name in all your posts. Too, be sure to visit our Member Reviews channel, we have separate sub-channels for each state and many countries which includes both BBQ Restaurants in Australia and Meat Suppliers Australia, both in-store and online suppliers. You likely will have great insights to share your thoughts on places you've visited in your area which will help other Aussies in the future.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at [email protected].
                              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members, (whether Free Trial or subscribing), or those with a USA delivery address. We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here