Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good evening from central Illinois!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening from central Illinois!

Kevin here, owner of South Street Barbecue in Mount Sterling, IL. I've been smoking meat for around 20 years and got serious about it in the last seven or so. I left a perfectly good job as a truck driver to start my concession trailer in July 2017 and haven't looked back since! We're broke but we're happy and I get to cook every day!

I'm really looking forward to raising my game with what I can learn on here from everyone!

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your spirit. I cook all day and am broke too! Making friends already you are. Thank you for your service.

i wish you great success and even better health!!
    Last edited by HouseHomey; January 9, 2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Making friends already you are? Is this Yoda posing as HH?

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman "Ask again later." Oh wait!! That was The Magic Eightball.

Cool! Really pullin for ya with the concession gig. Welcome aboard, best place you could be. Eat good, have others eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kevin. PaulstheRibList might be able to offer some help.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th' Pit!

Comment

Getter' done Kevin......and welcome. I joined yesterday....stay safe

Comment

Welcome to The Pit SouthStreetBarbecue! What a great story, I bet that feels great to do what you love. We're happy to have you here. Hopefully some day your passion turns profitable too, win win!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at [email protected].
            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members, (whether Free Trial or subscribing), or those with a USA delivery address. We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Dude, great to have you here in thePit SouthStreetBarbecue !! This is a great place to find engaged and friendly folks with a lot of know on the barbecue front! I opened my Barbecue Trailer March 2017, and it's been fun and work! Here's my thread where I post periodic updates on our little journey of BarbecueFun, https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ckbarbecue-com

Can't wait to Sharpen Iron with you!
                paul

Comment

Hi welcome! Glad to hear things are working out.

Comment

Welcome. I did a similar thing and just getting going. I know feel confident with my smoking abilities because of what I've learnt and put into practice (lots of test cooks etc.) all thanks to the guidance of this site and the great pit people (piteeples).

Comment

Thanks everyone! I came over from the BBQ Brethren and this site came highly recommended from them so I knew it would be a good place to learn and share knowledge. I can't wait for the day I have some knowledge to share!

Comment

Hey, broke southerner here. Glad someone else can take cooking everyday.

Of course I ain't no traveler so I guess I would rather cook than drive everyday.

DWCowles drives everyday and cooks everyday he's not driving. But "only" for 50-75 at a time. hehehehe

Comment

Welcome from Northeast Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here