Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Howdy Ya'll"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Howdy Ya'll"

Hello to all this morning. I just signed up to join this fine group a few minutes ago after reading a few articles. I have been around Texas style BBQ since I was a kid. My Dad had a 500 gallon converted propane tank smoker that he used to cook for us. I've used countless types of smokers throughout my life and can usually make almost anything work to make a decent brisket, but as I get older, I seem to have less time to sit around the smoker while it does it's magic. I've gone through the Pitmaster class taught by Conrad Haskins (May God rest his soul) near Dallas a couple of years ago. I presently have a 6 or 7 year old Oklahoma Joe smoker that I use to smoke. I look forward to reading and learning new tricks for my hobby. Thanks for being here

Welcome aboard JR

Comment

Hi JR welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome to The Pit JR!

Comment

Welcome aboard JR... looking forward to your posts and cooks.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Comment

Thanks for joining! Always good to have smart people around.

Comment

Welcome. Looking forward to your additions to the knowledge here. I lived in Dallas for the first half of the 90s and think I'd be too lazy to make my own 'Cue with all the good places to eat it there.

Comment

Welcome JR. Thank you for joining up! You're in great company, there really are fine folks here like you said. Is your OK Joe pit the heavy duty one before they lightened 'em up? Got any pics of it?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here