Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Motor City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Motor City

All though I have posted before, I have never introduced myself. I reside just north of the motor city where it is currently 0 degrees F (wishing I was in the Florida Keys...). I have been a long time fan of AR and have used a lot of the recipes and techniques found on these pages. I started out on a WSM but the setup/cleanup got to be too much. A few years ago I found the convenience of a pellet grill. Life is so much simpler and it turns out good barbecue with the convenience of "set it and forget it" with little cleanup. I am currently making my first attempt at dry aging a Rib Eye Roast and hope to get some great Rib Eye Steaks! I hope everyone had a great holiday and wishing everyone a Happy New Year!
    Last edited by smokinp; December 27, 2017, 09:57 PM.

Welcome to The Pit! My wife is from Waterford. She got halfway smart and moved to NC to marry me. The smart part was the move.

Comment

• smokinp
      smokinp commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I was smart enough to move to NC 40 years ago...

Welcome smokinp

Comment

Welcome aboard there smokinp. I escaped Detroit in 1989. Looking forward to your contributions. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... near enough to the Mile High City ... but a little over a thousand feet higher ...

Comment

Nice to meet you! Have fun and eat good food! It’s right around -6F here in N. Illinois tonight.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smokinp! Greetings to/from a fellow Michigan BBQer. Thank you for your support here.

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at [email protected].
                2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members, (whether Free Trial or subscribing), or those with a USA delivery address. We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome smokinp from Minnesota,

Comment

A big Nebraska howdy! Welcome.

Comment

Welcome from west Michigan! Looking forward to your contributions.

-9 degrees yesterday morning when I woke up.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome From Clay,Ny.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you at a chilly 51°

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here