Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from The Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from The Island

I am signing in for the first time here. I just joined this site and am looking forward to the continued quest for perfect Q. I currently work with a XL big green egg and a Weber Kettle. Used both on Christmas eve to smoke then reverse sear a 5# beef tenderloin. I utilized an old Emril Lagase technique that calls for a horseradish encrustment. Also...served smoked moink balls as appetizer. Happy crew here on Nebraska's only island.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! The Kettle makes a great smoker (with a SnS addition) and I've got two brothers who swear by their BGEs. Looks like you'll be set for many cooks to come! Share pictures if you can and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana in the mainland

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, welcome to th' Pit!
              Good cookers ya' got there, lookin' forward to more from ya!

Comment

A big howdy from just down the road in Omaha! Welcome.
                Last edited by Sgt Tyree; December 27, 2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Welcome Luke Biggs

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I had visions of sand and palm trees, but I guess not in Nebraska. Stay warm.

Comment

Welcome and all that but without Googling it, what the hell are moink balls?

Comment

• Luke Biggs
                        Luke Biggs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You will love them. Take a cube of cheddar cheese. Wrap it with ground chuck that has been mixed with a little bit of rub ( i used "three little pigs" touch of cherry. then wrap that in bacon and dust it again. Smokes at 225 about an hour. Devoured in seconds.

Wow, I didn’t know Nebraska had any water to have an island. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Howdy, Luke ... welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome From Clay, ny

Comment

Welcome from the Florida panhandle!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here