Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homework Over Christmas Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big Nebraska howdy! Welcome.

Comment

Welcome!

I like your account of how you came here and stayed here; I think that is really how EVERYONE came here and stayed here! It is a testament to the power of correct information delivered accurately and concisely. It works, and the instructions are easy to follow.

I've found that as I've gained experience here, everything else I do in the kitchen has gotten better. My knife skills have improved. My non-BBQ cooking skills have improved. My ability to read a recipe and imagine what it tastes like has improved, and my ability to just whip something up from ingredients at hand has gone through the roof. Skill creates skill, it seems!

Also: you kind of get to understand that the information here has two parts: method, and ingredients. The method is portable, ie, no matter what ingredients you use, the method will work. But the ingredients, those are what Meathead likes. You might notice, he freely states in many places that you can add or subtract or change many things in the rubs and sauces, to make those recipes more appealing to your personal tastes. Doing so creates freedom! It's like, if you first joined the internet through AOL.com, you got the AOL sites. Then, you realize you can go to ANY http site! Don't treat AR as a walled garden, I don't think it is ever intended to be one. There are many paths.
      Last edited by Mosca; December 28, 2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome! Great to have you.

Comment

Welcome from North East Illinois

Comment

Welcome from the Texas Gulf Coast, where we have many 'fish tales'

Comment

From one Kettle brother to another, welcome from Neptune Beach, FL!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome FishTalesNC from Minnesota. Glad to to have you join us!

Comment

Welcome and enjoy. When you have time post some food pics, we love seeing them here.

Comment

Thanks everyone, and Black99vette I definitely will! I posted a few pics of my Christmas rib roast over in the "beef" forum, piggy backed off of an existing thread. This pic won "griller of the week" from Weber for the last week of November and got me a free Weber cookbook which arrived yesterday. These were reverse seared 2" thick center cut bone in pork chops marinaded in Three Juiced Bootleggers Molasses Creek Grill 'N Marinade, and some twice-baked cedar planked mashed potatoes...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Black99vette
                          Black99vette commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Type of photo the Weber Grill Restaurant should have in their menu!

Nice looking cook! Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here