Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie turkey

Hello all!

Here are some photos of my first rotisserie turkey for Christmas dinner! I had the smokenator set up on the left, and a drip pan underneath the bird. Although I could not keep the temperature as high as I wanted, and the resulting cook took longer than expected, the results were crispy and tender!
    Attached Files

A fine job right there!

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook. When doing something heavy like a turkey, be careful to have the meat as well balanced as possible, and make sure the meat is firmly held in place.

I burnt out a motor years ago when a turkey slipped off one of the holders and became unbalanced. I made sure to get a heavy duty replacement motor - rated for a 40 lb load.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Nice cook!

Comment

It looks fabulous!

Comment

I agree with DW, that is one great lookin cook. For a moment I thought your avatar was of you standing on your head. Now I see. Still great bird. Welcome!

Comment

Looks Tasty!

Comment

That's a great looking turkey, and welcome to The Pit!

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think rotisserie cooking poultry is the way to go !! Nice work

Comment

Great looking turkey. Turkey.

Comment

Fine job!

Comment

Thank you all for your nice compliments! I wonder if anyone has any ideas about how to monitor the temperature within the cooking chamber, or within the bird itself, using the Maverick ET – 732?

Comment

• hoovarmin
                            hoovarmin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Doesn't that model come with a probe for the grate and a probe for the meat? Just poke that sucker in your meat and use the clip to attach to the grate and plug em' in. You should be in business.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here