Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilling greetings from the Cayman Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilling greetings from the Cayman Islands

Meathead and you all have saved my bacon several times in the last year. It was time to join the group. My Bride and me live on a wee rock in the Caribbean, and as such what we eat and how we cook it depends upon our own resources and when the supply barge comes. Currently grilling on a Weber, but plan to construct an outdoor kitchen of rock and concrete and whatever else strikes our fancy in the next couple of weeks.

The supply barge didn't come for the last two weeks, just like every other year for the past 20; seas were too rough. Still, when BB ribs came in three months ago, we stocked up, along with 10 lbs. of green beans, which I blanched and froze. I'm sure frozen ribs pale in comparison to fresh, but you couldn't prove it by us, thanks to this site. Christmas goose? Naw. Ribs, mon, and fresh callaloo (greens) breadfruit salad, cole slaw, fresh lobster, green bean casserole and sourdough bread. Perhaps a papaya margarita or three. I fully expect for us to be once again able to walk by New Years.

Happy to be aboard!

Welcome aboard hurricanecrab

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Who the heck are you!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      :0

Hey man thanks for the support!!

I now some veterinarians that went to Ross Vet School.

Comment

Hello hcrab! Welcome,

Cant wait to see some pics of the new set up!

Comment

Welcome hcrab... nice t meet you.

Keep us up to date!

Comment

Hello Hcrab , welcome to the Pit, love the name. That Christmas menu sounds mighty good.

Comment

Welcome Hurricane. I think I'd trade the limited supplies due to supply barge issues for the locale at the drop of a hat. Give me a Weber and a freezer full of meat and I'd be a set and happy camper

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mr Crab! Glad to have you here. I bet you have scenery we all dream of!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome HC! We're glad you're here. Pics of your ocean view?

Comment

Welcome from a somewhat chillier part of our hemisphere(Alaska).You should enjoy the brain trust and camaraderie here. Best wishes and good grilling!

Comment

Right on - spent a few days on Grand Cayman -- most beautiful beaches I have ever seen!!

A big welcome from the SC Lowcountry!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here