Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from not so sunny Florida!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from not so sunny Florida!

Hello to all! Joined to make an attempt at mastering brisket. I seem to be able to hold my own and make some really good ribs and pork roast, but I have wasted so much money on brisket that I am throwing in the towel until I learn the right way.
    Not afraid to admit defeat and ask for help. Offer away! Ha!

Welcome aboard Mygrane

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!!!!!

What are you cooking on? Brisket is da bomb.

I did not rest 2 briskets properly, other than that....home runs gallore.

Comment

Welcome Mygrane! Tell us every detail of those notsogreat brisket cooks. We'll make you better!

Comment

Hey MyG, Welcome

Comment

Hello Mygrane, welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome Mygrane. Perfecting brisket can definitely be an expensive hobby. Unless you live near Jerod. Frustrating too, but what the hell.

Comment

Hey there Mygrane! Brisket can be a tough animal, pun intended. Following Meathead's recipe page and the advice on meat selection is almost foolproof. Make sure you have a good digital thermometer too, and you'll be the envy of your friends and family if you follow the details.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Think I'm really going to enjoy the site and the great help. Will report back often.

Comment

Right on - a big Pit welcome from the (not so sunny today either) Lowcountry of SC!

Comment

You're definitely in the right place for some good advice from the brisket pro's. Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here