Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Colorado!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Colorado!

I became a member a few months ago and have enjoyed reading a ton on this site but have not made a post till now! Yesterday I christened my new Pit Barrell Cooker with a couple racks of ribs. They came out pretty good, for a first attempt but I will need to figure out heat distribution especially in the winter. The bottom third was perfect but the upper third was a little less come off the bone tender. Maybe a thermal blanket over the top half of the smoker will help even out temps or maybe flipping the ribs midway through the cook. Any thoughts would be great. Just want to say I really enjoy this site and look forward to learning and maybe contributing what I have learned. So, Hello and happy smoking!

Huntington Beach welcomes you and that new cooker!!! Welcome sir. We look forward to hearing from you. There are some others Colorado pit peeps too. Remember, pics or it didn't happen. 😀

Comment

Welcome BBQBurf

Comment

A big Nebraska howdy! Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the pit! Yes, we'd like to see some pics!

Comment

Welcome to continued fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! It is great to have you. Thank you for the support.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th' Pit!
                Glad to have ya' here with us, an lookin' forward to more cook pics from ya'!

Comment

Welcome aboard there Burf. It’ll be interesting to see what response you get with whether you need a wrap for you PBC. I don’t use my barrel in the winter due to smaller cooks, so use my kettle. There has been a thing or two about wrapping a barrel. Keep plugging away. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Enjoy the fun.

Comment

Welcome from a little southeast of Denver (in Parker). I don't bother wrapping my PBC in winter and haven't noticed any issues that might make me want to try doing so ...

Comment

• NWDave
                        NWDave commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My Daughter and Son-in-law live in Parker. My Son and Daughter-in-Law and new Grand Daughter live in Highland Ranch. We try to visit every summer.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Brighton Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome From Clay,Ny.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here