Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiming in from the Gulf Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiming in from the Gulf Coast

Been gas grilling and Weber kettle grilling for 40 years. This Thanksgiving had a pellet smoked turkey at my sisters, that's when it started......I want a pellet smoker! Talked to a friend who tried to talk me out of it, but did turn me on to Mr Meathead. After hours of reading on this site and googling many others, picked of a camp chef Smoke Pro DLX for $459, figured that would be a good intro model especially since Meathead gave it a gold. Got Meatheads book (and free 90 day trial to this forum!). Read the book yesterday so now I know what I don't know.....I'm sure I'll it will sink in low n slow!

Cooked some bacon first, can't kill bacon!
    Cooked some chicken next, 225 for an hour and 350 for 30 minutes, was done early so turned down the heat and experienced "the stall", glad Meathead explained that later!

anyway, looking forward to trying something new and laughing about trial and error.....

spent all day getting Meathead's recommended products on amazon and thremoworks, lots of great sales!

It's a great time to be a noob!

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the Galveston area.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
              Hope ya' stick around, lookin' forward to more from ya'!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and the new cooker. BTW as long as you have bacon your always invited.
                Whats next on the cooker? Soon, youll be burning chicken with the best of us, Ha!!

Comment

Welcome smokenoob

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit smokenoob ! Enjoy this ride!

Comment

Glad to have you, smokenoob! Where on the Gulf coast are you?
                            Last edited by Steve R.; December 15, 2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I'm in Gulf Breeze Florida.
                              next up: St Louis Ribs!
                              My friend introduced me to the Butcher yesterday. Brought home many spices, Duroc St Louis ribs, Duroc Baby Backs, and waygu prime rib, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! I need to put together Meathead's Memphis dust rub today.

Comment

• Steve R.
                                Steve R. commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Nice, I love that part of Florida!

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here