Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Philly

This is my favorite barbecue site. I finally decided to become a member. I spent decades using cheap gas grills that typically latest a few years before needing to be replaced. I few years ago I purchased a first class Weber Summit E-670. I use it regularly, especially during our cold winters. As I became reengaged in grilling, there was something missing. I wanted to "up my game". I received a large Big Green Egg for a Father's Day present a couple years ago. Best present I ever received. Now, I'm looking to pick up a Weber Kettle for tailgating and portability.

Would love to network with other grillers in the Philadelphia area. Are there any BBQ organizations in my area? I haven't found any.

Welcome

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. You have come to the right place.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from Seattle, by way of Kennett Square, PA

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Lenny. Are you only going to be doing short cooks in the Weber? If you plan on doing ribs or butts or even a chuck roast, a Slow N Sear would come in mighty handy.

Comment

• Lenny
                Lenny commented
                Editing a comment
                When I buy the Kettle, mostly short cooks while tailgating at sporting events and NASCAR (Pocono and Dover).

Welcome Lenny

Comment

Welcome from the Florida panhandle!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Unfortunately all I see of Philly these days is the train station or the Hampton Inn near the airport, but you do live in a great city.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! With your cookers you are good to go. Have fun in the Pit!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th' Pit!
                      Sound like yer gettin' geared up pretty dang well, lookin' forward to more from ya'!

Comment

• Lenny
                        Lenny commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I visited Kansas City (Missouri and Kansas) a decade ago, and fell in love with the BBQ joints in the area. Can't wait to come back.

Howdy from the other side of the Delaware river on the jersey side. If I’m not mistaken, a group of people gather at the linc every so often. I believe it has something to do with operation bbq relief.

Comment

• Lenny
                        Lenny commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the heads up!

Welcome Lenny. Also from Philly, technically just outside the city line but but lived in for several years and still work down town. I have not searched for any clubs previously but will let you know if I come across any. Otherwise just like Nuke em referenced above there may be plenty of cold weather gatherings for some upcoming football. Heres to hoping that your BBQ skills achieve that of a 2013 Nick Foles, and he just gets close to his performance that year in the next 2 months.

Comment

• Lenny
                        Lenny commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Let's hope Nick still has a few tricks up his sleeve, and a bunch of touchdown passes left in him.

Welcome to the Pit! SWMBO’s family is from the Philly area. Know my way around a little. Have fun and eat good food!

Comment

• Lenny
                        Lenny commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks, buddy.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here