Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy!

I LOVE this website! OK enough of that...

Hmmm...I am a retired prof (let me know if you ever want a little lecture on anything at all.) who has been grilling since about 1960 when I started on one of those little dish things cooking stuff for my parents. I can remember once, when I was maybe 7-8 (like in the early '50s) kind of late at night in the back seat, getting a sliced pork sandwich on white bread from one of those sort-of scary rib joints...and I thought I had gone to heaven! I can still remember the taste! Can you believe that!?

I started in junior high grilling on the terrace (patio to most folks) but never could make it work the way I wanted. In college someone gave me a "Lil' Smokey", which had a cover, and I really went to town! I carried that rusting thing around through the service (won the draft lottery...woohoo!) and several other moves until it finally fell apart, but then "graduated" into a Weber.

Found Amazing Ribs a few years ago and my grilling amped up to another level. Have been trying, with some success, to reproduce my memories of Texas brisket. Got to where I have entertained a bunch of foreigners (from places like Illinois and California) with great success...but what do they know??!!

So I have much to learn. I am tasked with doing a brisket for 8 for Christmas. I am honestly not too worried about the meat, but the beans are not yet settled. No offense Meathead, but I am still looking for the ultimate BBQ beans recipe. Your KC Sauce recipe is so good I could drink it through a straw, but I am hoping for a bean recipe with a bit less sugar.

Anyway...I am delighted to be part of this BBQ lunatic fringe!

Dr. Dave

Welcome Doc. Thanks for the support!!!!

What did you teach?

Comment

More importantly, where did you teach....I wanna know if I need to watch my back. I wasn't the easiest student back in the day.

Comment

Welcome! Lunatic is probably pretty accurate for some these people, not me of course. Still using that Weber for your brisket?

Comment

Hi Dr Dave, welcome to the Pit. That must have been one good sliced pork sandwich. That would be a great conversation starter, everyones first memory of eating Q.

Comment

Welcome Prof. This is the place to learn and teach, so you should fit right in.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here