Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving Smoked turkey Meathead style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving Smoked turkey Meathead style

I am still sort of a newbie.. but last week found the recipe from Meathead...
    I had smoked a couple of turkeys before but was skeptical of the drippings (for good southern gravy)
    So I baked a turkey along with smoking and collecting the drippings...
    Well I made the gravy from both drippings and it is pretty darn awesome...
    The smoked turkey was a winner with the family and guests..
    And the 2 turkeys.. well there were lots of leftovers and I will still enjoy some things I set aside like legs and wings. ;-)
    Attached Files

Win!

Comment

That’s beautiful. Enter the picture in the contest!

Comment

Awesome! What was the temp when it came off and how long did it cook?

Comment

• KBARD
          KBARD commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks ...
          I smoked this in my WSM ... my temp goal was to cook at 325, but for some reason I could not get the temp above about 275 so it took longer... about 4 hrs
          It was very juicy and the drippings made for a very good gravy... comparing it to my traditional from the baked turkey there was very little difference...

• lostclusters
          lostclusters commented
          Editing a comment
          The WSM rocks. I have a KBQ and a WSM 22.5. You can not beat the WSM for convenience. I use a stoker 2 on it.

Great pic and cook! KBARD

Comment

So good! Dang I want some turkey.

Comment

Awesome turkey!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Great looking turkey! And those crispy wings are than bacon. There, I said it.

Comment

Looks great! Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here