Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member-pitmaster in Waco, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member-pitmaster in Waco, TX

My name is Pat. I am 62 years old. I am the Pitmaster at Redwaggon Barbeque in Waco, TX. We built our 500 gallon offset pit according to the directions of John Lewis of La Barbeque Quisine Texana in Austin. It is a real honey.

We follow the cooking style of Franklin's BBQ, La Barbeque, Louie Mueller and others that use the old German, slow smoke with the Dalmatian Rub. We are currently open only on Saturdays from 11:00 to 4:00 (or sold out). Normally we cook our Certified Prime, all natural Angus brisket all day Friday and into the night (12-15 hours) using post oak wood. In the morning on Saturday, we cook brined chicken with Arky rub and sausage (grass-fed beef only). A 1000 gallon offset pit is coming soon. We use a vertical smoker to smoke Sockeye Salmon (very popular). We are moving to include grass-fed lamb as well.

Barbeque is fun and it attracts lots of folks and we have good camaraderie.

Glad to have ya and thanks for the support. Have to look you up if I go to Waco again to work.

I wouldn't know a Prime brisket if it slapped me in the face. Just trimmed a pretty good looking Select.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Pat! I'm very impressed y'all can sell prime brisket at a profit. What's your secret? Don't worry, we won't tell anyone.

Comment

Welcome Pat, I'm looking forward to a lesson or two!

Comment

Welcome Pat! Looking forward to your comments & some pics of those pits in action.

Comment

Hi pat from the "other" Houston(Alaska). The more the merrier. We look forward to your input.

Comment

Lookin' forward to some brisket advice!!!! Happy to have you aboard

Comment

Welcome Pat! Great to have some folks like yourself here. Maybe blending Franklin's techniques with Meathead's techniques and mythbusting, you can up your game even further and take your restaurant to world's best! Sounds like you're doing great as is. Perectly cooked brisket, post oak, and Dalmatian rub.....mmmm I for one would much rather buy a plate of it than cook one myself anymore.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

I knew there was some pretty good BBQ in "Wack-Oh" but your's sounds excellent! Next time I'm through I will stop by for sure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here