Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Afternoon from South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
      holehogg, Welcome to "The Pit"❗️ You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.❗️ Attendance and Participation are Mandatory‼️
      Enjoy "The Pit"‼️
      Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan
      I came across the site about a month or so ago and already feel I have a degree of some sort. The wealth of knowledge, tips etc makes me find it hard to stay away from the pages. I have to remind my tiny brain that it can only absorb so much at a time.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        holehogg, In addition to being a "Great Site", "The Pit" is made up of truly "Great People" You will find they all are Willing to Help You❗️ All it Will Cost You in addition to Your Membership is being Willing to Share❗️ Enjoy "The Pit"‼️
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome the Pit from Baltimore, Maryland! We're glad you joined us.

Comment

Welcome from the Great State of Texas, home of the worlds best BBQ !!!! We look forward to seeing how you prepare food down there, some Aussies here but I think you’re the first South African! Welcome!

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Peri-Peri chicken?

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Saskatchewan Canada

Comment

Welcome! you stumbled into a great place to learn and some very nice people...
              ​​​​​​Amazing Rib Fundamentals
              1. Dry brine- don't be intimidated very simple.
              2. 2 zone cooking piece a cake
              3. Buy a good digital thermometer. Splurge this is worth the money!
              4. Big Bad Beef Rub
              5. Memphis Meat Dust
              6. Cook some ribs.
              7. Cook a pork butt
              8. Cook a chuck roast
              9. Start with good brand of charcoal (Kingsford Blue Bag)
              10. Be humble because you will very soon attain hero status

Comment

Thanks to all for the fantastic BBQ welcome's. I am in the process of completing my Food Truck Trailer and hoping to be done by end this week or early next. I have custom manufactured a smoker box to fit the trailer and believe that I am the first in SA (hoping to set the precedence). I would like to share with the Pit community on my progress forward or should I say OUR progress forward. I gave the Smoker a try 2 weeks back. My first smoke ever. Was happy with the result but am aware nowhere near what it can be. I do however regret that I only cooked 1 pork shoulder bone in weighing 2.5 Kg about 5.5 pounds.
                Please advise if this is the right place to be posting or should I start a new thread elsewhere going forward?
                Cant hold out any longer to start SMOKING

Comment

Hey South Africa 🇿🇦 Huntington Beach welcomes you (lower left of the map, our map) and your custom smoker! What do you generally cook over yonder? Glad to have you aboard. You should check out a thread from PaulstheRibList and his awesome adventures. He has an ongoing thread that is really awesome! I look forward to seeing you around!

Comment

• holehogg
                  holehogg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We South Africans love to BRAAI with wood or charcoal (pronounced bry) which is what you guys refer to as grilling. We seldom smoke even though thousands of people own Weber Braai's.

Welcome Port Elizabeth from Maryland. Use to sail into your port when I was in our merchant marine. Never could get a bartender there to mix me a drink with ice in it!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here