Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking in from MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KarchyBBQ, Welcome to "The Pit"❗️ You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.❗️ Attendance and Participation are Mandatory❗️
    Enjoy "The Pit"‼️
    OBTW, Another Weber Fan Here❗️ I have Two 22 1/2" Kettles, a Performer Deluxe with a Vortex, the Other a Performer Kettle with S 'n S, Drip & Griddle, and a BBQGURU DigiQ DX-2 Temp Control with a Pit Viper 10 CFM Fan❗️
    The Only Reason I'd Change is for a 26" Weber Kettle on a Cart like the Performer Deluxe‼️
    Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	406546Click image for larger version

Views:	83
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	406537Click image for larger version

Views:	71
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	406538Click image for larger version

Views:	81
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	406540Click image for larger version

Views:	73
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	406541Click image for larger version

Views:	77
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	406539Click image for larger version

Views:	82
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	406544Click image for larger version

Views:	76
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	406545Click image for larger version

Views:	75
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	406543
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; November 5, 2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore! I have a Performer with SnS and Drip n Griddle Pan. It is an awesome setup! My only caveat is that sometimes I cook for larger crowds, and the 22" is a bit small for that. I am looking to upgrade to a 26". That being said, I did fit a 15Lb spatchcocked turkey on the 22 with SnS for Thanksgiving last year. You really can't go wrong with a kettle/ SnS combo.
    I don't have any experience with PK grills, but I have heard nothing but good things about them.
    I guess my two biggest questions would be:
    1)What is your price range?
    2)What do you mainly want to do with the grill? The two you mentioned are great, but there a lot of cookers out there!

Comment

• KarchyBBQ
      KarchyBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      My budget is around $500. I'm not one to collect stuff, so it's one grill for me. I want one that does a lot of stuff well - cooking with direct heat, two zone grilling, smoking, pizza. We entertain regularly (including for holidays) and I love cooking for guests while standing around drinking beers. I spotted a Weber 26 in a hardware store a few days and felt like that was the grill for me.

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are spot on with the Weber 26!

Welcome from Colorado! I've had several kettles over the years but never a PK. From what I know about kettles and what I've heard/read about the PK, you can't go wrong with either ... or both ...

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your delima.

Well I guess you don't need another "Kettle Homer" like me but that was all truth above. I have two kettles but only use my 26 and SnS now. They dial in wonderfully.

If if I bought another grilll that was not a Weber it likely would be a PK.

fuzzydaddy pretty much nailed it out of the gate and you see from the comments. No shortage of fans here. Lots of PBC folks too.

Might i sugguest a really large garage and yard in your home search to accommodate the MCS?

Comment

Welcome from Farmville VA...

I love my kettle and SnS...next purchase will probably be a Pit Barrel Cooker...

Comment

welcome

Comment

The Pit is a great place to learn. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from Frederick MD! Sounds like the Weber 26 & SnS combo would meet all of your cooking needs... until next month when you see something else in here you have to have ! 😀

By the way, make should you post pics when your cooker arrives! We like pics!

Comment

Welcome from Neptune Beach, FL!

Comment

KarchyBBQ, A Belated Welcome to "The Pit"❗️ You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.❗️ Attendance and Participation are Mandator❗️
                    Enjoy "The Pit"‼️
                    Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here