Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member here

Hey ya'll,
    Just signed up for this site and actually stumbled across it by accident since I've been deployed out here looking for new recipes and techniques to step up BBQ game once I finally have a chance to go home. Anyway my name is Justin, I'm 27, I'm an aircraft maintainer in the US Air Force, I was born and raised in GA so I have a natural love for any and all BBQ, and I'd say I'm a moderately decent cook and an extremely amateur BBQ'er haha. I enjoy cooking for my friends and hosting parties when I can I can whip up a mean batch of Thai food thanks to my mom teaching me at such a young age but I'd really like to get into BBQ to kind of blend the two cultures that make me well.... me together into something that can be enjoyed by all. Unfortunately I currently don't have a set up back home since I just PCS'd to Florida and my old setup got broken in the move but after reading some reviews on this site I'm looking into getting the Pit Barrel Cooker and a Weber Kettle grill to compliment it to help me achieve that reverse sear, any recipes and techniques that someone can offer that may use this or a similar setup would be much appreciated.

Happy BBQ'ing,
    Justin

Hi Justin. First of all, thank you for your service. Second of all, welcome to the party. There are so many good folks here that have so many ideas and approaches to all things "q," that it will take a loooong time to do them all. Season's Greetings from Houston, Alaska.

Comment

Hey Justin, welcome aboard!

Comment

Hi Justin, welcome to the PIt Thank you for your service.
        The PBC and Weber kettle is the setup I have. You can cook most anything with that. That being said I just about have my mind made up to pull the trigger on a Kamado Joe . You'll find everything you need on this site for great Q.

Comment

Welcome Justin! You will be well set and adequately prepared for all things BBQ with the PBC and the Weber kettle. And thanks for joining our community here, you're in good company.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome Justin, Thank you form your service. Lots to learn and share here. I look forward to your Posts and Pics.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here