Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Memeber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Memeber

Hello everyone, my name is Tony and I live in Norwalk, IA. (about 5 miles south of Des Moines). I love cooking and grilling and have only "tinkered" with smoking in the past. 2 years ago, for Christmas my girlfriend arranged a smoker build for me. She talked to one of my work buddies, who has a shop, AND she provided some start up cash.......so off to the internet I went!! 7 months later (working off and on) I'm smoking on my homeade reverse flow smoker and it works like a champ!! I have gotten so much information from this site. Great recipes, advice, articles and reviews!! If I think I need to buy anything for my smoking hobby, I always check to see if it has been reviewed here first.

Welcome ST, Glad to have you join. I look forward to your Posts and Pics.

Comment

Right on smokinT! A big what's up from SC in the Charleston!

Comment

Welcome Tony! I think we'd like to see some pics of that custom pit of yours. Anyway, thank you for the support and we look forward to more interaction with you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos! Thanks.

Comment

Hey sT. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome, she sounds like a keeper.

Comment

I need both a girlfriend and work buddy like that. Can't wait to see pics. Welcome aboard.

Comment

You've gotta get some more pictures of the custom smoker!!!! I'm an Iowa boy as well!! (born in Iowa City/Iowa Alum) Welcome to The Pit, Go Hawks!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Tony, I'd love to see some pics of that custom smoker as well.

Comment

Comment

Hi ST... welcome. That looks like a rawkin stick burner there! And it is BIG... keep us up to date on your cooks! Thanks.

Comment

Welcome, ST! Built your own rig, huh? Very cool. Looks like some quality welding, I'm impressed!

Comment

Sweeeet! If I start taking a welding class at the local community college next semester, I should be able to build one of those in about, oh, 20 years ...

Comment

Welcome aboard. Love the smoker.....helluva woman you got there!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here