Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Fan From San Diego via Uruguay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Fan From San Diego via Uruguay

Hi All - just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Neil Hamovitch from San Diego, CA. Always been a big meat fan, did the typical propane grill in college, then I moved to Montevideo, Uruguay where I lived for a while and fell in love with their style of cooking - mainly slow-cooking over wood embers. My ultimate goal is to someday have my own parrillero (uruguayn style brick bbq structure) - see pic below.

I'd love to learn more about other cooking styles and talk about different cuts of meat (they have cuts down there I've yet to find a US equivalent of). I also fell in love with some ribs and pulled pork I got at Home Team BBQ in South Carolina on a cross country road trip I took a few years back. They told me how they made it, but I've yet to try it. Whatever they did, I can't wait to pull it out of my own backyard!

Big thanks to all you guys who put this site together. I've been working on the reverse sear method and have bought a few items you recommended. You also helped me win a Thanksgiving argument about letting meat rest (or not as the case may be)...very clutch!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you guys and reading the forum. But now that it's lunch time, I'm off to search the site for the best way to reheat the Santa Maria Tri Tip I made yesterday, which made the Chargers loss just a little easier to swallow.

- Neil

Thats thing is pretty cool. It looks like maybe the fire goes on the left and the meat on the right? Also, what kind of different cuts and styles do they have in Uruguay? That kind of information gets a lot of traction around these parts. We all want to learn new ideas and techniques from all over. So I think that you will really enjoy it here my friend. I look forward to hearing from you. SMOKE ON!!!

Comment

Pretty cool contraption, I am interested in some of your methods and seasonings. What wood do they use.

Comment

Hey np Welcome!

Comment

Welcome Neil! Thank you for your support here. We all look forward to hearing more about Ugandan cooking. I agree with John- what types of seasonings and wood are typical in those parts?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Neil

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here