Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Houston

New member here. Just bought a 1/4" T-pit reverse flow smoker and am having fun trying to figure out fire control with burning split logs. Spending a lot of time tending the fire and temperatures but getting promising results so far with brisket, ribs and smoked turkey (by the way, this site's recipe for Georgia smoked bird turned out to be spot on. I used a 5 lb chicken and it stayed extremely moist).

Welcome to The Pit (Bart)! Happy to have you and thanks for the support. Congrats on the nice smoker. Do you happen to have a pic you could share?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at [email protected].
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members, (whether Free Trial or subscribing), or those with a USA delivery address. We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning! Eating good food is almost as good as sharing pictures! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bart.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome (Bart)

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome fellow Houstonian.....go 'Stros !!!!!!!!

Comment

• JCBBQ
                  JCBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Got Dayum, that was a great game last night. My team had the worst record in baseball this year (SF Giants) so I picked the 'Stros to root for-might've been the orange in the uni. Really, anyone but the Dodgers.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

(Bart) welcome from NJ

Comment

• JCBBQ
                    JCBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CaptainMike visiting family in the Bay Area, I went to my first baseball game at Candlestick in '78. Been a fan ever since.

• CaptainMike
                    CaptainMike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love it! Froze my arse off there more times than I can count. My favorite view was out to center field with the US flag and the California flag blowing at each other amidst a whirlwind of hotdog wrappers. All of which framed Willie Mays nicely.

• JCBBQ
                    JCBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CaptainMike yeah those winds were brutal.

Howdy from the Great State of Jefferson! How about that Altuve the Dodger killer!!

Comment

• (Bart)
                    (Bart) commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, he's a real Mighty Mouse, isn't he? Should be fun to watch this weekend while cooking.

Welcome to the Pit from Los Angeles. GO DODGERS!!!!

Comment

• (Bart)
                    (Bart) commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks and... Go 'Stros!!

Hello Bart... glad to hear from Houstonians ... go Astros

Comment

Welcome, (Bart)!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Bart!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here