Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from near St. Paul, Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from near St. Paul, Missouri

Read about and joined “The Pit” after interrogating amazingribs.com for over a year. I am an engineer, a pilot, hobby farmer and sportsman. An engineer for Boeing, a J3C Piper Cub owner, I live on the rural route and have an approx. 2700 ft^2 garden with corn, tomatoes, peppers, beans, a variety of squash, lettuce, spinach, onions, potatoes, etc. I shoot an array of handguns rifles and shotguns. I also hunt and fish when I get the opportunity. I have been know to provide rain gauge reports and crop progress reports on the local morning radio station. I was taught that smoking meat was difficult and laborious with marginal results but learned that propane made it easier with fine results. Found Meathead and amazingribs.com and hit a pinnacle, one of many to come I’m sure. Learned recommended internal temperatures, the basics of the absorption of rubs and patients while smoking meats. I have a gas and pellet smoker, the gas I understand, the pellet, work in progress.

Welcome Wild Bill from St Paul! Great to have an avid outdoorsman like yourself here. Nice camel by the way.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome letter on the main page, as well as the Tips post. This will help you set up your signature ("sig"), as well as tips on posting pictures.

Enjoy!

Comment

We officially have a Wild Bill in the forum. I gotta say WB, I expected the shooting and flying from a Wild Bill kinda guy, but not the veggie garden.

Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here