Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to The Pit. Great to have you. It sounds like you have found the right place.

Comment

LBC970, Welcome to "The Pit"❗️ You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.❗️ Attendance and Participation are
      Mandatory ❗️
      Enjoy "The Pit"‼️
      Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks guys!

I'm not sold on the SVQ just yet. The pulled pork was good, great texture, lots of moisture, but lacking the bark I look for. The rub needs some salt too. It was good, but it wasn't great. (I'm my second biggest critic, right after my 6 year old.)

I have been playing with the sous vide for a bit, steaks are awesome, fish is amazing, veggies are great, we are making a Christmas Pudding tomorrow, and trying a batch of eggnog next weekend, it's pretty awesome the amount of things you can make with it. I'm not yet sold on the BBQ side of it though. I'll keep trying!

Comment

Originally posted by LBC970 View Post
          Colorado guy here, smoking for a while now, still don't know anything, but it turns out pretty good.

Currently working on a smoked/sous vide pulled pork, then a brisket tomorrow!

For a guy who "doesn't know anything" it looks to me like you are way ahead of the curve. Welcome to the Pit from Florida!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here