Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Delaware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Delaware

Greetings to all. I bought several books on BBQ and surfed other sites and I have to say that this site is fantastic! I have been grilling for about 15 years when I cooked thanksgiving turkey on my Weber--have had the job ever since. I bought one of those cheep offset smokers Meathead warns against and I nod my head and laugh at his descriptions. I have been smoking on a large BGE with a BBQ Guru for the last several years but still use the Weber for grilling and hot roasting. Just recently bought a Hasty Bake Legacy and am getting up to speed with it.

Welcome Bill. Hasty Bake. Nice.

Thanks for the support. I too have a COS and laugh at all the mods I have done to that dude.

Comment

Welcome Bill! Thanks for helping support the site. Now that you already own a COS we can help you gain mastery. Kudos on the Hasty Bake too, Pit Boss is a Hasty Bake owener. (Of course he owns one of everything, don't you Dave )

When you get a minute, check out his Welcome post on the pain page, and the Tips post too, to help you fill out your signature ("sig") and for tips on uploading pictures here. Because, well, we just need to see pictures 'round here.
      Enjoy!

Comment

Hi Jerod and Aaron, Thank you for your welcome. Actually my offset smoker is long gone...bit the dust when I got the BGE. The Hasty Bake takes more attention than the egg/guru combo, but I think I can run a cleaner fire in the Hasty because I add only fully lit coals. Too early to be sure but I think there is a difference in taste. Thanks for the tip on signatures and pics. Regards, Bill

Comment

Welcome!

And don't be ashamed of using a COS. It takes a real smart-ass, ummm, man, to master one of those, just ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill P View Post
            Hi Jerod and Aaron, Thank you for your welcome. Actually my offset smoker is long gone...bit the dust when I got the BGE. The Hasty Bake takes more attention than the egg/guru combo, but I think I can run a cleaner fire in the Hasty because I add only fully lit coals. Too early to be sure but I think there is a difference in taste. Thanks for the tip on signatures and pics. Regards, Bill

Bill I'm glad to see you in The Pit! Let me know what you think about the BGE vs the Legacy. I agree the Hasty Bake takes a little more attention vs a Kamado but I gotta say I'm in love with the food that comes off my 256 Gourmet.

Comment

Bill, Welcome! I see in your bio you are into Garden railroading. Like in "G" Scale? Railroading and BBQing go great together. What type layout 1:29, 1:24, 1:23, Steam, Diesel, Logging, Live Steam, RC, digital?? The hobby has really grown in the last 15 yrs or so.

Comment

• Bill P
                Bill P commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Marauder, I got into g-scale just a couple of years ago. I like landscaping and am a rail fan. A good friend of mine is from Altoona, Pa and I have visited the Horseshoe Curve many times. I hope to get into live steam at some point but for now it's just regular DC track power. Are you a backyard railroader also?
                Cheers, Bill

Looking forward to hearing from you with your background of experience. Worst to first - a COS to BGE w/BBQ Guru! That is night and day or apples and oranges, you get the picture.

Comment

• Bill P
                Bill P commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Michael, after reading through this website I get the feeling my 14 or so years experience in grilling is more like 1 year 14 times like my last boss liked to say. The BGE with Guru makes life much simpler, but I still went and bought a Hasty-Bake. Haven't found the perfect grill yet! Even with the BGE, I still preferred to do anything but low and slow on the Weber...just a lot easier for say a 2 hr cook than setting up the egg. I don't think I kept the COS even a year, same for the Weber Smokey Mountain...they just weren't for me. Hope you have fun with your PBC!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here