Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin here....

Hey there, I've been learning a ton from this site for years and am very grateful to MH and all who contribute to this great wealth of knowledge. I live in a small town in central Michigan and have been cooking with smoke on my Weber Performer for about 6 years. Earlier this year I got a Pit Barrel Cooker and have been having a lot of fun trying new techniques and just being creative. My favorites are pork ribs, turkey, tri-tip, pizza, and pork butts. My pantry is always stocked with magic dust, simon and garfunkel rub, and, lately, Saintly Glug. I use regular Kingsford charcoal.

Cheers!

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

I didn't get the Pit Barrel long after I started smoking, however, it only took the first cook, pork ribs, to know I had a beast of a barrel cooker!!!

Been itchin' to do pizza.....think maybe you could over to the Pit Barrel sub-forum and put down what you do for pizza?...dough, barrel set up, etc....

Comment

Welcome aboard, Justin!

Comment

Hi Justin, welcome to the addiction, I mean club!

Comment

Hey Justin, the more the merrier! Dive right in and have fun.

Comment

Right on - like tomtel84 said - welcome to the BBQ support group!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Justin!!

Comment

Welcome Justin. I too live in a small town in central MI. Where are you?

Great job on setting up your signature, you must've read my homework assignment for new members already? If not, give her a quick read.

Look forward to more from ya!

Comment

Hey Justin, WELCOME. Glad to see the Michigan member numbers on the rise!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                    Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

I didn't get the Pit Barrel long after I started smoking, however, it only took the first cook, pork ribs, to know I had a beast of a barrel cooker!!!

Been itchin' to do pizza.....think maybe you could over to the Pit Barrel sub-forum and put down what you do for pizza?...dough, barrel set up, etc....
                    Hey JB, I usually cook pizza on my Weber or indoors. I always use Meathead's Roman style pizza dough recipe because it is easy and the results are fantastic. My kids NEVER ask for any other pizza. The couple of times that I cooked pizza on the PBC it was good, but I don't think that I got it quite hot enough--425 seems to be a good target for me. I have but do not typically use a pizza stone because getting the raw pizza onto a hot stone is difficult when you don't have a pizza peel. So I make the pizza in a pizza pan and just throw it on the hover grill in the Weber or in the oven. I get great results with just regular shredded mozzarella, a marinara (like Newman's cause it's not so sweet), some baby spinach, bell peppers for color, onion, and some diced pancetta or bacon--which really helps if you are cooking inside cause you still get some smokiness.

Cheers!
                    Justin

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                      Welcome Justin. I too live in a small town in central MI. Where are you?

Great job on setting up your signature, you must've read my homework assignment for new members already? If not, give her a quick read.

Look forward to more from ya!

Hey Huskee, I'm down here in Grass Lake and, like you, I too enjoy strummin' a six string on a daily basis (when possible.)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here