Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from the Beach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the Beach!

Been reading articles on Amazing Ribs off and on for a bit, bought Meathead's book this past week to up my game - so here I am.

Started with smoker boxes on a propane grill, then moved on to a vertical cabinet smoker (still propane). Was eyeing pellet grills for a while, when a deal I could pass up presented itself. So now, I'm smoking with a Myron Mixon Pitmaster Q3. Not the best grill - but it was $279 after the sale (liquidation of Gander Mountain's inventory), military discount, in-store coupon, etc. Couldn't turn that down.

I've fallen in love - way easier than what I was using previously, and I've been smoking almost every weekend. Kept the vertical cabinet just to contain the smoke from my a-maze-n tubes for cold smoking cheese.

Anyway, glad to be here and look forward to participating!

Welcome @phrogpilot73

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you. From what Beach do you hail?

Comment

Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
        Huntington Beach welcomes you. From what Beach do you hail?
        Virginia Beach, VA

I was born in Monterey, CA; grew up in Virginia Beach, Portsmouth (NH), Annapolis (MD) then went to college/the Marine Corps and lived/was stationed in North Carolina, Oceanside (CA), Quantico (VA), Pensacola (FL). Met my wife - she was stationed in DC, got out and she moved me down to Virginia Beach (I was a newborn infant when I was there before) and quickly fell in love. We've been here for 8 years, and plan to retire here.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! Quite the tale my friend. Thank you for your service. "Preserving Californias precious resources." My neice moved to Va by herself and stayed with a relative. She's attending Old Dominion and loves it there. Welcome again.

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support. It is great to have you.

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
        • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. Jump in on the fun! Thank you for your service!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from northern Virginia!

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Neptune Beach, FL!

Comment

Greetings from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for your service! Have fun and when it comes to Great BBQ, pictures or it didn’t happen😁

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome fellow beach bum. Pro Tip: keep the sand out of the pit. Carry on.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                            Thanks fer yer Service, Amigo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here