Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Omaha

Finally joined today and looking forward to learning more from everyone here. I have always been fascinated with smoking meats but really started getting into it after I retired and more so in the last couple of years after a stroke made dietary concerns top on my list. From this site I have discovered Grillgrate panels, Slow N Sear, and Thermoworks products. Memphis Dust and Simon & Garfunkel seasonings which all now are used almost every day at our place. After all of that I couldn't help but join. Lately i've been on an experimental journey turning Weber Go Anywhere and Smokey Joe portable charcoal grills into mini smokers. I love to use Cobb grills when we're traveling and always looking for new techniques with that one. Looking forward to the experience. Sgt. Tyree

Welcome Sgt Tyree! As I already see you are well on your way to good eating!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
        Glad yer here to learn along, delighted yer on th' Weber trail, as well...
        Thanks fer yer Service!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 1, 2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Sgt Tyree
          Sgt Tyree commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones. When you reference the "territory" makes me think your a cowboy action SASS guy. Are you?

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a lifelong shooter, but do not participate in any organized shootin' events...participated in quite enough, previous, like.
          As far as th' Territory, I'm old~ish, an' prob'ly have an outdated map.
          Smoke on, Brother!!!

• Sgt Tyree
          Sgt Tyree commented
          Editing a comment
          That "outdated map" is an awesome answer Mr. Bones.

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. Jump in on the fun!

-Spinaker

Comment

• Sgt Tyree
            Sgt Tyree commented
            Editing a comment
            What is an email safe list?

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Make sure emails from us do not end up in your spam folder. You can either create a filter to make sure our emails reach your primary email folder or make sure that our address is not in your "blocked addresses" list. Sgt Tyree

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Another term would be Junk mail folder @Sgt. Tyree. Find the youngest person in your household or life and they will help you with it my friend!

Welcome from Maryland. Like your avatar!

Comment

Welcome Sgt Tyree

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for your service!

Comment

Welcome aboard Sgt. Just a guess but, an e-mail safe list is something that Target, Equifax, Wells Fargo etc. cannot provide. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Hey Sgt, Huntington Beach welcomes you sir and the dog, the Weber and the fine equipment you use.

Comment

• Sgt Tyree
                        Sgt Tyree commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks HouseHomey. This is going to be fun.

Welcome to the pit Sgt Tyree, thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome from Palmer Nebraska

Comment

• Sgt Tyree
                          Sgt Tyree commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks. Palmer is just north of Grand Island isn't it? I think I may passed through it visiting grain shippers off the NCRC railroad years back or shooting prairie dogs around Loup City when I was a kid. Memory fades but BBQ is forever. Regards sir.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here