Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from southern PA and thank you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from southern PA and thank you!

I've been hoping for something like this for a while, since you don't have a book I can buy and I've wanted to reciprocate somehow for the vast amount of good info I've received from this site.
    I live in south-central PA where I play Irish fiddle, teach martial arts, and cook up BBQ. This site has pretty much ruined me for going out to BBQ restaurants though. Let's face it; unless you get to the restaurant at just the right time, you're pretty much eating leftovers, and there's nothing better than fresh BBQ.

Welcome. Fiddle and martial arts. Quite the combination. Thanks for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      Welcome. Fiddle and martial arts. Quite the combination. Thanks for the support.
      I brought a fiddle to a knife fight once. Still won.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Too funny. You could bring one arm to fight me and still win, by forfeit.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        You can throw a fiddle so much farther!

Hey there Keith! Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        I've been hoping for something like this for a while, since you don't have a book I can buy and I've wanted to reciprocate somehow for the vast amount of good info I've received from this site.
        I live in south-central PA where I play Irish fiddle, teach martial arts, and cook up BBQ. This site has pretty much ruined me for going out to BBQ restaurants though. Let's face it; unless you get to the restaurant at just the right time, you're pretty much eating leftovers, and there's nothing better than fresh BBQ.
        Welcome Keith! What style of martial arts do you teach? Many a years ago I was a black belt in Kyokushin.

Comment

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          David, did you break the gallery again just so Huskee couldn't put any pics like that in his gallery? If so, BLESS YOU MY SON!!!

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          HEY! I resemble that remark.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, I do what I can

Welcome Keith, Sounds like you are enjoying life's journey. I look forward to your posts in the future. Can i deduct that you do Bluegrass and Country music?

Comment

• _Keith
          _Keith commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, you could deduce that, but you'd be wrong ;-) I respect the musicianship involved in Bluegrass and Old Time, but it just doesn't move me for the most part. (With the Carolina Chocolate Drops being a notable exception) I can enjoy classic country that's close to its roots, but the modern stuff is just mediocre rock music with a twang. If you don't have a banjo or a fiddle, you have no right to call yourself country as far as I'm concerned. For everything I don't like about modern country, just watch this video:

I am not a fan of modern country either. When I was growing up some of the guys were Earl Scruggs, Lester Flats, Buck Owens from Bakersfield, CA and a lot of others. I also like the Cape Brenton Island music which always has a fiddle in it. I have a close friend that makes banjo's and my brother in laws pick. Sorry i mislead you on my choices.

Comment

• _Keith
          _Keith commented
          Editing a comment
          Cape Breton music is more Scottish than Scottish music is. Not even kidding.

• Marauderer
          Marauderer commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, I have been there on the Ceilidh Trail and the Scots there are real quick to tell you they are the real Scots. My roots are predominantly Scot and you can feel things there that are awesome.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here