Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck, new member from AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck, new member from AZ

Hello, I'm a new member, out of Goodyear AZ. Have been BBQing and smoking foods as weekend activity for about 10 yrs and have some things that I'd like to get a whole lot better at, such as brisket. Haven't had much success on that one. I currently use a bradley smoker, (10yrs now), and am looking at moving up to a Green Mountain Jim Bowie pellet model.
    Am looking forward to learning a lot more than I now know. My biggest success thus far is my smoked beans dish. Hopefully I did this posting right, if not I'm sure the moderator will let me know rather quickly

Howdy from up the hill in Flag! You posted just fine! I've been using pellet poopers for about 8 years now, first a Traeger BBQ125 and now a Yoder YS640. Good luck with your Jim Bowie!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ozric, my man, let's get your signature filled out. You have a darn nice smoker in that Yoder, let's get it listed. If you're having trouble I can help you. PM me with all your gear, your thermometers, etc and we'll get it posted!

• Ozric
      Ozric commented
      Editing a comment
      Signature filled out.

Thanks, PB!
      Last edited by Ozric; December 11, 2014, 07:58 AM.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a nice equipment list. =)

Welcome to the The Pit!!! You've come to the right place to get better. Regarding brisket, you should talk to Jerod. (see Today's posts) He's on everyday and knows his brisket. He walked me through doing a Scary 15 lb. PRIME brisket. Anyway, we look forward to hearing from you, happy your here!!

Comment

Right on armycsm! A big hello from the Lowcountry of SC!

Comment

Welcome armycsm! Yes, you posted nicely, thank you! A pellet smoker will do a mean brisket that's for sure. They have a gentler smoke profile with foods cooked on them, and this serves beef well IMO. I think you will like it a little better than the electric. Be sure to check out Meathead's Texas Brisket recipe if you haven't already. It has everything you need to know to do it right, as long as you follow it to a T. I used his recipe the first time I ever did one and it was perfect!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Hey there Chuck!

Comment

thanks for all of the responses, have been aiming to read as much as I can daily, but work got in the way.Thanks Ozric, who is up the big hill and getting a lot of snow today. Once I get closer to that Green Mountain pellet smoker, i'll be
            looking for some clues.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here