Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your recipe. Where do you reside? I so, so look forward to your recipe. My recipe is a bit pricey so I'm always looking at others.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy this wonderful site!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Lots to learn and lots and lots of fun in here!

Comment

Welcome from Florida, and can't wait to see that Brat recipe!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! Glad you joined us.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from KC, MO. I'll be keeping my eye open for that recipe! This is definitely the place to be to take your BBQ skills from novice to expert.

Comment

Thanks everyone. To answer some of your questions, I live in South Louisiana, I was born at Ft. Hood, TX and I lived in Germany twice, Texas twice and Maryland once before I was 10 years old. When my dad retired from the Army we settled in his hometown in South Louisiana. As promised, here is the tried and tested recipe for Authentic German Bratwurst. It tastes EXACTLY as it did when I was a kid in Germany and later as an adult when I was stationed in Germany.

Dad’s bratwurst recipe

Boston Butt with excess fat trimmed off coarsely ground
                Per 5 metric lbs (5 metric lbs = 5.5 lbs American)
                25 cc salt
                20 cc black pepper
                40 cc freshly ground coriander (The fresher the grind the better it tastes)
                Dash of nutmeg
                1cc = 1ml

Comment

Originally posted by Carlcourville View Post
                  Thanks everyone. To answer some of your questions, I live in South Louisiana, I was born at Ft. Hood, TX and I lived in Germany twice, Texas twice and Maryland once before I was 10 years old. When my dad retired from the Army we settled in his hometown in South Louisiana. As promised, here is the tried and tested recipe for Authentic German Bratwurst. It tastes EXACTLY as it did when I was a kid in Germany and later as an adult when I was stationed in Germany.

Dad’s bratwurst recipe

Boston Butt with excess fat trimmed off coarsely ground
                  Per 5 metric lbs (5 metric lbs = 5.5 lbs American)
                  25 cc salt
                  20 cc black pepper
                  40 cc freshly ground coriander (The fresher the grind the better it tastes)
                  Dash of nutmeg
                  1cc = 1ml
                  Thanks Carl

I also make sausage. Smoked some Jalapeno and Sweet Italian sausage couple weeks ago. I will certainly try this recipe out.

Thank you

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here