Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from KS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from KS

Hello all! Amateur cooker of 20ish years from a small town south of Kansas City looking to learn how to really cook!! I was in search for a new gas grill when I stumbled upon amazingribs.com. Wow!! Much like other posts I have read, I became hooked and cannot stop reading! I have learned more over the last few days about cooking, smoking, grilling, meat, temps, etc. then I have ever known. I thought I better give back to such a tremendous resource for all the help it has provided me already and will do going forward.

After a ton of research, I ended up ordering the Blaze 32" freestanding LP and added on the sear burner, smoker box (I know it's small, but I have another I can supplement with), and rotisserie. I haven't received it yet, but it should be here soon.

I also recently picked up a Maverick ET732 and a Thermapen Mk4 to help me in my new(er) adventures. I know that I'll end up with a smoker at some point as well as probably a kettle, but with a family of 5 I had to continue with a gasser until then.

On most other forums I do more digesting than contributing until I learn more and can be of value to others. So initially I'll probably be a pretty quite member with more questions than answers, but I hope to eventually get to a point where I can chip in!

Looking forward to all the fun!!!

Welcome to fun and learning! Don't be shy about post pictures of your awesome acquisition and it's successes.

Comment

Welcome Daddio on the Patio

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from TN!

Comment

Yesterday I was where you are today -- so I'd like to welcome you the way they welcomed me!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Most eloquently spoken, Good Sir! Bravo!

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome from Chico, CA. Some members think that post numbers have an inverse relationship to chances of winning the monthly prize. Don't buy it! Post your heart away and ask lots of questions. I learn most from other members based on their inquiries.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. Jump in on the fun!

-Spinaker

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                  Glad ya joined us, here, so we can pick yer brains!
                  I ain't far from ya', Larryville...
                  I hope ya' learn to post pics, 'cause they're mandatory to provin' summat actually happened, hereabouts!

Otherwise, after a while:

Click image for larger version

Name:	frankenstein_villagers_big_think.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	379559

Comment

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Daddio on the Patio. Just look for all the cookers out front. That'll be him. Likely his front door isn't open too, be careful though them cookers is probably a trap a boy trapped with all kids nds of fun stuff. Hie has a killer feline too!

• Mudkat
                    Mudkat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mr. Bones is the one carrying the torch! Welcome from MD!

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Daddio Daddio on the Patio Yer always welcome at my most humble abode...
                    Jus' gimme some heads up, so I can be properly prepared....
                    Let's do so, before th' weather fails for the season...
                    I've tried to arouse local KC/MO area interest, with no apparent interest...

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!! I believe I have completed my homework and am trying to get more familiar with all of the groups and subgroups and other parts of the forum. Man, this place makes me hungry!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, it does give one a Wicked Bad case of th' dreaded Munchies!!!!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson! Great introduction and love the moniker, especially how it appears with the o all by itself on the bottom.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

• Nate
                        Nate commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mudkat , just a day last fall when I was at my inlaws and we were making applebutter in a big copper kettle over an open fire. I made ribs for everyone.

• Mudkat
                        Mudkat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very cool. Love the boats and water in the background.

• Nate
                        Nate commented
                        Editing a comment
                        @Modkat yeah that was a beautiful morning and day really. Steam coming up off the water in the morning etc... I can tell from your pic you enjoy that kind of view too.

I new we had groups & we are one big group, but, sub-groups? Hmmmm, sounds subversive or sinister or at least under something, don't know what. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun! Fire away with the questions, there's plenty of help.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here