Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primary source for BBQ & Grilling information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primary source for BBQ & Grilling information

There are only three services I pay for when I could get the content free: local public radio, Consumer Reports, and now AmazingRibs.com. What these services have in common are I trust the provided information, use frequently if not daily, and lastly they increase and better my knowledge.

I got into grilling when my father-law bought us a gas grill when my then girlfriend, now wife, and I moved into a small apartment in Burlington, Vermont. During the Summer when our non-AC apartment is above 85 degrees Fahrenheit, using the range was forbidden therefore I would cook outside which was often. At first, I grilled foods using online recipes which produced variable results. Then I found AmazingRibs.com and started learning the science behind grilling and cooking and used the guides which persuaded me to replace the gas grill with a charcoal Kettle grill and honed my grilling and smoking skills. I am still learning and honing my fire control and cooking skills but this site has pushed me into more experiments such as curing. I most appreciate the science and calculation methods (see curing calculator and salt conversion pages) offered on this site.

I currently use my Weber Kettle Grill for meals requiring high temperatures and searing and a Traeger grill for general cooking and smoking. People think I'm crazy because I have a whole kitchen drawer dedicated for thermometers and thermometer accessories and carry a thermapen with me when attending another person's BBQ. They just don't understand, right?

Thank you AmazingRibs.com! I'm proud to be a Pit Master!

Welcome to The Pit. This is The Place for BBQ info for sure.

Comment

Welcome (Lance)

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Welcome and dittos.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Pellet cooker and kettle is a great combination!

Comment

Welcome to the pit (Lance)! Nope, they sure don't understand

Since youโ€™re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since itโ€™s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Donโ€™t worry though, weโ€™d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) รขโ‚ฌยHuskeeรขโ‚ฌย with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if youโ€™re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (weโ€™d hate to have to pick another person because you donโ€™t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Bringing a thermapen to another person's BBQ... that is a power move.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

That's right Lance they don't understand. It's almost like another language around here. I get lost sometimes. Welcome aboard, eat food & have fun!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and the @$lls it took to bring a thermapen to another mans BBQ. Did you kiss his wife too?? I would have.๐Ÿ˜Ž

Comment

• Steve B
                        Steve B commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You horn dog.
                        For some reason I can't put emojis into a reply. But if I could I would use the same one you did.

• HouseHomey
                        HouseHomey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Welcome from Indiana....

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. We are happy to have you. Thank you for the support.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois. Glad to have you on board.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Kansas City! I might have to try taking my Thermapen to a friends bbq and see what the wife says.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here