Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Minnesota

Hi Pitsters:

I live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota with my wife of 34 years. All of our 4 kids are out of the house now. We're having a blast.

My background in is food. I have a degree in Nutrition, and a Masters in Food Science. I spent 33 years working for General Mills in product and technology development. So food has always been important and interesting to me. I retired in 2012 and still work part time for another company, and in consulting. My wife's background is in nutrition (also with General Mills), and she recently retired also.

My hobbies and interests include:
    • Cooking
    • Baking
    • Grilling
    • Brewing
    • Gardening
    • Travel
    • Biking
    • Hiking
    • Fishing

I have been grilling for over 30 years. I own 5 grills, and house them on a grill deck my son and I built. My favorite is the Green Egg. I am known around the neighborhood for ribs, pulled pork and turkeys.
    I love roving the AmazingRibs site, and am a frequent user of the top notch information. I especially enjoy the science-based approach to grilling/smoking.

Continuous learning is very important to me. Can't wait to further my grilling education!

Greetings tobel, welcome to The Pit and thank you for your support! Sounds like you led an interesting career....who doesn't love cereal! I love it, I've been a loyal supporter since I could chew.

Word of advice, it may be advisable for you to change your username to something other than your email. Just for your protection & privacy ... If you'd like to, and need help, let any of the moderators including myself or Pit Boss know.

And since this is your first post, I'd like to direct you to our new member homework post. It has all of the things to get out of the way early to make things smoother here for you.

Hope to hear more from you soon!

Comment

Good to see other Minnesotans in the Pit! Welcome! Hopefully, this is a sign that BBQ int he Twin Cites is really catching on.

Comment

Welcome from SC! This is definitely a great site with lots of good peeps with a treasure trove of info!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here