Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OGMrWhite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OGMrWhite

Hi all. My dad (also a pit member) turned me onto this website a couple of months ago, and I find myself most evenings at the end of my work day spending too much (not really) time scrolling through pages of fantastic info.

I am a winemaker by day, and try to find time to homebrew when I can... I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday then cranking out a nice long low and slow while cooking up a batch of all grain.

Although I grew up watching my dad working his weber, I have been lazy for the last several years and only owned a simple gasser (four burner Char-Broil)... until I started reading around here. Now I'm working on my Weber 22.5" almost every night, cooking anything I can get my hands on. My wife put a halt on my accessory buying before I could get a smokenator, but I'm hoping Santa knows what to bring me this year. ;-)

​Cheers!

Hey OG! WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome. I would have to think that being a winemaker is having a passion for your work - that's a great thing to have in life. As you've no doubt already noticed, the folks around here have a passion for food and drink also.

Comment

Welcome OGMrWhite! I admire your trade. It must be great to do that kind of artistry. I am a huge wine fan. Most any red. Sipping on some cheaper Beringer Red Blend right now, mighty tasty. Usually I'm a cab sauv or old vine Zin guy, but I like any with good flavor.

Great job on your signature!

In case you have any questions about things here check out the homework assignment post, it covers all the new member bases.

Hope to see more from you!

Comment

I made sure to read the Homework Assignment closely as soon as I signed up. . I do have a few more things to fill into my signature, just wanted to get something up there quickly.

I love what I do, infact as I type this I'm sitting at the winery next to a baby tank with my yeast culture for next weeks sparkling wine bottling. The main reason I signed up for the club is the passion (as The Burn mentions) that is apparent in the moderators and all of the members here. What a great community.

Now I'm back off home to fire up the Weber and juggle a boneless chop for my son, and a rack of lamb lollypops for the wife and I. I'll post pics of my recent cooks (including Turkey day, which I have questions about) when I get a bit more time.

Cheers!

Comment

Welcome OG!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here