Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Denver

Hello! My name is Trevor Lawrence, and I've finally taken the opportunity to join the Pitmasters Club. I've been using AmazingRibs.com as a resource for the past two years (ever since I started barbecuing), and I have to say, there's no place better. I look forward to being able to contribute to the community!

As for my equipment, I currently use a BPS drum smoker (the bottle opener is the best part!) that I recently built, and also a DynaGlo cabinet smoker as a backup. I never do any smoking without my iGrill2 thermometer. My favorite meats to smoke are ribs, and bacon wrapped pork tenderloins.

It looks like Labor Day weekend is going to be my trial by fire, as I'm hosting a BBQ for over 30 people (far more than I've ever done before), and I can't wait to see what tips you all might have to make it go smoothly.

And one final parting note: My favorite beer is Red Trolley Ale (irish red ale from Karl Strauss Brewery in San Diego), but alas, I cannot get it anywhere but California :/

Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Welcome to The Pit from another Coloradan (Longmont).

I have drank many a Red Trolley Ale from Karl Strauss as we lived in San Diego for 3 years and my office was within walking distance to the Karl Strauss Japanese Garden location off of Mira Mesa and the 805. However, given the multitude of craft beers in CO, you just need to keep trying new ones until you find a new favorite!

Have a great Labor Day cook!

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning! Sounds like a good time coming up! Do you have a menu planned yet? Have fun.

Comment

• tlawren3
        tlawren3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey! I do have a menu(ish) set up. I'll be smoking a pork shoulder, brisket, a few chickens, and some sausages. I'll also be making a Carolina sauce for the pork, a Rocky Mountain" sauce for the brisket, and a KC sauce for everything else.

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Trevor.

Comment

Welcome from yet another Coloradan (Parker) ...

Comment

Welcome to the pit tlawren3, this sure is a great spot to hang out!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome tlawren3

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!!
                      Glad yer here with us!

Comment

Howdy Denver. Huntington Beach welcomes you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here