Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Connecticut

Hello everybody, I'm Duff from Connecticut. I've been backyard grilling for many years but started getting serious about a year ago after purchasing a Rec Tec pellet smoker. I purchased the Rec Tec based entirely on the review on AmazingRibs.com and have been coming back ever since to learn how to cook on it! I've cooked pork butt, beef brisket, turkey, prime rib and some other things that I can't think of, but amazingly enough have yet to try ribs. Regardless of that, beef brisket is my hands-down favorite meat to eat and my goal here is to master smoking it. I look forward to the Pitmaster Club!

Duff

Welcome aboard Duff... where is Connecticut? (J/K)

Comment

haha...it's the BBQ capital of New England! (at least as far as I can see from my Rec Tec)

Comment

Hi Duff, Greetings from Houston Alaska. We don't do ribs often either. If we did, we would weigh 9000 pounds! We do a lot of fowl, and love it! As far as brisket, there are many here that bring brisket to a high art. If you can do pork butt, then ribs should be no big deal. Search around for brisket techniques, and watch the wonderfulness ensue.

Comment

Hey Duff. I'm in Darien. I have plenty right now, but if you're ever in the market for one of those bulk pellet purchases send me a note, if we can scrounge up a few others around here it might make sense.

Comment

Hello Duff, Nice to meet ya!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Letmebefrank, will do.

Comment

Welcome Duff! Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Glad to have you here!

Comment

Right on Duff! Welcome from the Lowcountry of SC!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here