Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Vancouver Island!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Vancouver Island!

I've been lurking on the site for over a year, and joined the pit about a month ago, so decided it's about time I introduced myself. That and I'm waiting for my pork loin roast to get up to temp...

I learned to cook when I was about 10, at my mother's side, and was throwing multi-course dinner parties (solo cooking) for 10-12 guests by the time I was 13, but got busy with life eventually and cooking became a bit of a forgotten passion. About 7 years ago I started working for a company out of Austin, Tx, and fell in love with (real) BBQ. I managed to convince my family to get me a decent sized propane smoker for my birthday about 6 months ago, and I've been dabbling at all sorts of things since: turkey legs, brisket, ribs (beef and pork), spices, whole chicken, etc.

Just finished (with much help from my father and father-in-law) building a good sized shed to keep the smoker in, which will hopefully keep my temperatures a bit more stable and keep the dog from eating my wood chunks.

I've learned a ton from the site about smoking (and cooking in general) and am looking forward to much more learning over the years to come!

Welcome from Winnipeg. Great to have more Canadians. This site is a great place to learn. Enjoy.

Comment

• StevePC
      StevePC commented
      Editing a comment
      I grew up in Winnipeg! Loved the variety of decent restaurants there..

Welcome to the Pit! I am vacationing up your way in September.

Comment

Welcome StevePC

Comment

Great to have ya' here, want to hear more from ya'
        Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Steve.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Enjoy good food!

Comment

Welcome! I just hosted an old friend from the Island this week!

Comment

Welcome from across the Straight here in Port Moody, B.C. 12 months of outdoor cooking here if we can keep ourselves out of the rain.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to the pit StevePC! So, you're a lurker, huh.... just kidding, this is a great place to hang out.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Weleome StevePC !

Comment

Now that's a good dog. Doesn't eat your food, just cleans up the wood chips! Welcome to the Pit! You're gonna love it here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here